What Is “Personal Information”?
“Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual. It includes contact information such as your name, address, phone number and financial information.
How Do We Obtain Your Personal Information And What Do We Obtain?
We obtain personal information that you choose to give us. You may do so in a variety of ways, including:
- When you visit our website for the purpose of signing a petition, becoming involved with the G20 human rights movement by becoming a volunteer or donor.
- When you subscribe to our communications.
- If you complete a registration or donation form electronically.
- If you complete any other form on our website, including online petitions.
- It is also possible that your information could be provided to us by a volunteer or friend who thinks you would be interested in getting involved with the G20 Human Rights movement.
The information we collect may include:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address and social media contacts.
- Donation information such as date and amount of your donation.
- Financial information that we need to process your donation e.g. payment methods and preferences, billing and banking information (e.g. credit card number and expiry date).
How Do We Use And Share Personal Information?
We use your personal information to communicate with you about the G20 Human Rights movement and its activities, as well as to provide you with news and information. We use your financial information to process your contributions.
We do not sell personal information under any circumstance.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to prevent unauthorized use, sharing, loss and theft of information.
Our security practices are continually evolving to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our systems and information in our possession. We use up-to-date security safeguards to protect our networks and websites.
For example, for information provided online, our website contains security measures in order to protect against the unauthorized disclosure, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control.
How Can I Update My Information Or Unsubscribe?
You may update or correct the information in our possession by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have subscribed to receive information by email, you may unsubscribe by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email message.
What About Anti-Spam Legislation?
Any messages to which the law applies and for which there are no exemptions, we will ensure that we have consent to do so, as required by the law, and that any other legal requirements e.g. an unsubscribe mechanism, are met.
As a best practice, we have an unsubscribe mechanism for our electronic messages, even where the law does not require us to do so.
Links To Other Websites
Our website contains links to a limited number of other websites. The G20 Human Rights movement is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites.